Project: CASA Certification Compliance Assessment and Runway Pavement Analysis
Client: Gunnedah Shire Council
In July 2020, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) updated its Manual of Standards (MOS 139) legislation. Gunnedah Shire Council engaged Projence to provide recommendations to ensure the aerodrome’s compliance with the new certiﬁcation standards and an analysis of the runway pavement.
Projence mobilised and managed a team of expert consultants to deliver:
- Detailed review of the updated CASA legislation
- Detailed inspections and obstacle limits surface surveys
- Review of the aerodrome’s current infrastructure – including geotechnical review and pavement engineering
- Recommendation report and key ﬁndings to ensure compliance
- Budget review and scope details to execute
- Presentation to the Council
Understanding the intricate amendments to the MOS 139 legislation to ensure compliance and analysis of existing infrastructure.
The new CASA MOS 139 legislation comes into effect in May 2022. Our detailed analysis and recommendations to Gunnedah Council provided a path forward that ensures Gunnedah Airport is certiﬁed to the updated CASA regulations. Our team also provided detailed engineering reports to assist the Council in determining future-use of the infrastructure.